Chris preached what he practices to me, and then he went to practice what he preaches.
Here is a list of what he brought along for a two mile ride in the small blizzard we are having today (mid 20's with moderate snow fall, 2-3 inches on the ground):
- His Slingshot mountain bike (his only concession to suspension bikes)
- Neoprene booties over cycling shoes
- Midweight tights
- Waterproof Gore pants
- Long-sleeve Smartwool jersey
- Polarfleece pullover
- Waterproof Gore jacket
- Smartwool waterproof gloves
- Windproof polarfleece balaclava
- Metro helmet
- Red helmet blinker
- Princeton Tech headlight
- Timbuk2 Porkchop bag (no longer manufactured) with wallet and keys.
Cell phone? No, he leaves that at home.