Remember this? Remember the havoc it wreaks on your bike?
This winter special is more than just a tune-up. It is a season-long maintenance package. It includes all of the goodies that are part of our regular Deluxe Tune-Up, namely:
- Full adjustment of braking system, including pads, levers, cable & housing replacement & lubrication.
- Full adjustment of shifting system, including derailleurs, levers, cable & housing replacement & lubrication.
- External adjustment of both hubs.
- Spot-truing of both wheels as needed to ensure good braking.
- External adjustment of headset.
- External adjustment of bottom bracket.
- Full check of parts and accessories to ensure safety.
- Chain lubrication.
- Tires inflated to correct pressure.
- Free installation on additional accessories purchased from us.
- Complete wheel dishing & truing. (We will also include inner tube replacement, if needed.)
- Complete drivetrain cleaning or replacement (as needed). There is a lot of variation here, depending on the needs of each individual bike & rider, so please call for details, or better yet, bring you bike in and discuss the repair with the mechanic. Labor assessments and estimates are always free.
But what makes the Winter Tune-Up worthy of its name is the ongoing maintenance we include in this service for the entire cold riding season, specifically until March 31, 2009. After you have purchased your Winter Tune-Up you are entitled to:
- Full bike wash and lube, as often as you wish (normally, $35 each time!)
- Adjustments and tuning whenever needed
- Free labor on fixing flats
- Free installation of parts and accessories purchased at Rapid Transit.
All our offerings also include a thorough evaluation, professional expertise of a mechanic who is also a rider, a burning desire to make your bike work well for you, a test ride to make sure what has been promised is delivered.
You can purchase the Winter Tune-Up for $155 for your multi-speed bike. Please call for pricing on single-speed and fixed-gear bikes