Whew, we made it!!
2016 was, by many accounts, a trying year. For us, it was a year of reinvention. After closing a family business we ran together for most of our adult lives, we went looking for a place to start over. We spent much of the first part of the year dreaming and planning, and then, once we found that place, building and creating. We feel grateful that we received such a warm welcome from Jefferson Park and surrounding neighborhoods.
We've enjoyed meeting new neighbors, and we've been gratified that many old customers sought us out as well. We look forward to making Cosmic Bikes a part of this community.
Happy New Year!
Highlights of 2016, pictured in the collage above, from top left:
- The day we signed the lease, in front of our new storefront.
- Painting and remodeling the new storefront.
- Ronnie presents a newly built bike to a customer.
- Nadia, Chris and Peter get bossy behind the newly installed counter of the family business.
- Enjoying a pint at Windsor Tavern before a ride with our Brompton customers.
- Justyna takes a break on a fat bike.
- Hello Cosmic!
- Danny & Marie's four legged friend Coco models one of her outfits.
- Hey, look -- TACOS! Thanks for lunch, Nicole.
- Dave purchased the very first bike sold at Cosmic Bikes!
- "Come in, we're OPEN!"
- Bryan with his newly tuned Hercules.
- "I love my bike -- SHOP!"
- One of our Kidical Mass family rides ended up at Molly & Miles Ice Cream.
- A chilly Northwest Side Trails Exploration Ride.
- Stephen's four-wheeled, human-powered conveyance.
- A happy kid on our first Kidical Mass ride.
- Nick sets up a new bike for the showroom.
- At three weeks old, Joey was found in the alley (he's a "teenager" now and doing great!)
- Some happy campers on their new bikes!
- Peter practices his wheelbuilding skills.
- Heinz Stucke regaled a captive audience with stories of his lifetime of traveling the world by bike.
- April with her new bike!
- Chris and Justyna: always trying something new.
Thank you for all your support. We're looking forward to more biking excitement and adventure in the coming season!!